Bagel Nation respects the privacy of individuals. This policy sets out how Bagel Nation (“we” or “us”) collect, hold, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
By visiting any of our websites, placing an order with our stores or providing us with your personal information, you agree to your personal information being collected, held, used and disclosed as set out in this policy.
You do not have to provide us with your personal information but, if you do not provide us with the information we require, we may not assist you or process your order.
Revisions to this policy
We may revise this policy from time to time whenever necessary, so check it regularly to stay informed of any updates. If we make material changes to this policy, we will post a notice on the homepage www.bagelnation.com.au of our website.
Your continued use of our websites, placement of an order with any of our stores or the provision of further personal information to us after this policy has been revised constitutes your acceptance of the revised policy.
What information we collect
We collect the information necessary to process your orders or provide you with other services and/or the assistance you have requested. Where practicable, we will give you the option of interacting with us anonymously.
The personal information which we collect from you and hold (“Information”) includes information such as your first and last name, postal address, telephone and mobile number(s), email address and credit card details. In respect of your credit card details, we only hold some information, as detailed further below.
When you apply for a job with us we also collect some sensitive information from you for the purposes of assessing your suitability as a Bagel Nation’s employee (to which you have consented). The sensitive information we collect in these circumstances is further set out under the heading ‘Sensitive Information’ below. When you place an order with us online using the Bagel Nation’s internet ordering system, we collect additional Information from you such as:
- your IP address as part of your order;
- your feedback;
- your entries into our competitions and draws;
- your menu preferences and previous order information;
- any delivery instructions or comments;
How do we collect Information?
We collect your Information in various ways, including when you:
- visit any of our websites;
- when you “Like” our Facebook page or participate in any surveys, promotions and competitions through our Facebook page;
- place an order via online ordering;
- interact with our franchise recruitment website or participate in the franchise recruitment process;
- interacting or following our social media pages/profiles like Google+, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
- enter into a competition or promotion through any medium;
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- participate in a survey;
- participate in focus groups, polling and market research activities;
- apply for a job with us;
- submit website feedback;
- submit any query to the Privacy Officer; or
- place an order via a store, telephone or the Bagel Nation internet ordering system and mobile site.
Wherever possible, Bagel Nation will collect your Information directly from you. Where Bagel Nation collects your Information from someone else, Bagel Nation will take reasonable steps to inform you of this. Irrespective of the source, your Information is collected, held, used and disclosed by us under this policy.
How do we use Information?
We use your Information for the purpose for which it was provided to us, other related purposes and as permitted or required by law. Such purposes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- providing you with email and/or SMS confirmation of your order;
- providing you with the assistance, products and/or services you have requested;
- processing any job application you may submit;
- processing any orders you place with us;
- determining the number of visitors to our websites and conducting reviews of our websites;
- judging competitions, fulfilling prizes, awards and purchases;
- keeping you informed about any changes to our websites as well as good and/or services;
- conducting market research (including focus groups, panels and surveys) so that we can better understand the needs of our customers and tailor our future products and services accordingly;
- sending you offers or information on products or services that we consider will be of interest to you (if you have consented to receiving such);
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your Information;
- used to assist in the delivery of your order to your door and to verify your credit card payment;
- stored to help you remember and re-order from our menu in future;
- used to provide you with an SMS to inform you when your order is on its way or ready for pick-up from one of our stores;
- requesting your feedback on our products and/or services;
- responding to any complaints, enquiries and feedback;
- unsubscribing your details from our databases.
Credit card details
Bagel Nation does not store any credit card details for in-store orders.
Internet orders can be paid by cash in store, debit cards, gift voucher or e-voucher, or pre-paid via a valid credit card which must be presented upon receipt of your order. Your credit card details are required to process payment on the internet order system however they are not saved once the order is processed.
The credit card details we hold are: the name on the card, expiry date and the masked version of the code (ie first 6 digits and last 4 digits).
Access, accuracy and security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Information that we collect and hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your Information to help us maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date information. Please let us know if you believe that any of your Information requires updating or correction.
You can request access to and correction of your Information that we hold at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by contacting us (see “Contact Us” section below).
We will take reasonable steps to protect your Information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no data protection or security measure is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your Information, particularly in relation to online transmissions. You must take care to ensure you protect your Information (for example, by protecting your usernames and passwords) and you must notify us as soon as possible after you become aware of any security breaches.
With the exception of when you apply for a job, we will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as health information or information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs).
When you apply for a job with us through www.bagelnation.com.au, we collect the following details from you: full name, date of birth, whether you are legally allowed to work in Australia, whether you are an Australian citizen, home address, contract telephone numbers, email address, employment records and your gender. If you are applying as a driver in our store, we also collect your driver’s licence number, the make and model of your motor vehicle and your registration number.
Where applicable, you acknowledge consent has been provided for us to collect and use the sensitive information above for the purpose of assessing your suitability as a Bagel Nation’s employee at the time of making your application.
Each time you visit our website our server collects some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your server’s IP address.
Bagel Nation may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how the websites are used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. Bagel Nation may use this information to evaluate and improve the Bagel Nation website.
For example, once you have placed a new order you will be offered the opportunity to personalise your order so that the system remembers it for future use. A Cookie will be set on your machine that enables us to recognise your computer when you return to order your favourite meal next time.
With most internet browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more. If you disable all Cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our sites.
Links to other sites
How to stop receiving communication from us
- To stop receiving any email correspondence from us, simply click on the link to unsubscribe.
- To remove your details from any of our marketing and communication databases simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries regarding this policy please email email@example.com
Shop 1, 65 Sandridge Road, Bunbury
(Next to Red Rooster)
To get the latest news